Introducing Kilele F1 – the open field farming tomato with a knock out kit against tomato yellow leaf curl virus and nematodies
- High Yielding– With 3 times the yield of non-hybrid tomatoes. Kilele F1 gives 30-35 tomatoes per acre, under good agronomic practices.
- A Hard Tomato– Hardness in a tomato increases its shelf life and transportability
- Yields More For Longer– Kilele F1 harvesting goes on for up to 10 weeks under good agronomic conditions.
KILELE F1 FACTS
- Kilele F1 is a medium early determinate elongated hybrid for bush and staked cultures.
- It is suitable for dryer and more humid areas or periods maturity.
- 75 days after transplanting.
- Average 30 – 35 tonnes per acre under good agronomic practice.
- Kilele F1 can be harvested up to a period of 10 weeks.
- Very firm elongated (oval), non greenback, smooth and firm square fruits.
- with an average fruit weight of 120 – 130 grams.
- Shelf life – over 21 days when harvested at mature stage.
- Tomato yellow leaf curl virus (TYLCV) (Gathuri/ ngumi)
- Tomato Mosaic Virus (ToMV): 0-2
- Verticillium & Fusarium wilt (race 1 and 2)
- Nematodes (M.incognita/++)