1.Shape– The oval (saladette) shaped tomato is attractive to buyers. Tylka F1 is shaped to sell.
3.Firmness – Tylka F1 is hard and can withstand transportation without mashing.
TYLKA F1 FACTS
- Tylka F1 is an early to medium indeterminate and requires staking.
- It is a hybrid tomato ideal for passive greenhouse and outdoor production.
- Strong and open plant, medium foliage and highly responsive to fertilizer and irrigation.
- First bloom appears in 35-40 days.
- 75 days after transplanting
- Average yield of 70-80 tonnes per acre with good agronomic practice.
- Has a long harvesting period of 4 to 6 months
- Elongated firm and oval fruit type (saladette).
- Good sweet flavour.
- Fruit size: 100-130 grams
- Shelf life: over 21 days when harvested at mature green stage.
Tylka F1 is resistant to the following diseases:
- Tomato yellow leaf curl virus (TYLCV)
- Tomato Mosaic Virus (ToMV): 0-2
- Grey leaf spot
- Fusarium crown and root rot
- Verticillium & fusarium wilt (race 1 and 2)
- Nematodes (M. incognita)